Regular meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of odd numbered months (January, March, May, etc.) at 5 p.m. Additional meetings are scheduled as needed.
Section 1107.02 of the City of Galion Codified Ordinances establishes a Planning Commission. The Commission has the following powers and duties: (1) Prepare a recommended Comprehensive Plan for the City and recommend amendments to that Plan as needed.
(2) Take actions to approve, approve with modification or disapprove subdivisions of land.
(3) Review proposed amendments to the Planning and Zoning Ordinance or Official Zoning Map and make recommendations to City Council.
(4) Permit Conditional uses as specified in the Official Schedule of District Regulations under the conditions specified in the Planning and Zoning Code, and such additional safeguards as will uphold the intent of the same.
(5) Review site plans as may be required by specific sections of the Planning and Zoning Code. The decisions of the Commission on such site plan(s) may be overruled by City Council by a 2/3 vote of the total membership.
(6) Make recommendations for newly annexed areas to the City, in accordance with this Ordinance.
(7) Authorize the substitution or extension of nonconforming uses, determine similarity of uses, declare zoning certificates void, and administer requirements for planned unit developments as specified in the Planning and Zoning Code.
Members The following are current members of the City of Galion Planning Commission:
Sharon Baldinger (Chairperson)
Tom O'Leary, Mayor
John Swain, Safety-Service DIrector
For further information contact the city Building and Zoning Office, 115 Harding Way East, at 419-468-2642.